It’s time to focus on your finances. We want to help. If you are unable to open a checking account due to past banking history, Focus Checking is offered to help transition you into a regular checking account.
Focus Checking is designed to help you manage your checking account and take control of your finances.
- $10 monthly service charge
- $50 minimum balance requirement
- VISA Debit Card
- Track your finances using ELGA Credit Union's Online and Mobile Banking with Alerts
- Earn Relationship Reward points!
After 12 months of positive banking history, you may be eligible to upgrade to a Basic or Kasasa Checking account. The criteria to upgrade includes:
- Maintain Focus Checking account for one year
- No more than 6 Non-Sufficient Funds in the last 180 days
- No more than 2 Non-Sufficient Funds in the last 90 days
- CheckRight Online financial education course completed through GreenPath Financial Wellness.
- In this course, you will learn:
- How to deal with and avoid common anxiety causing situations such as missed due dates, overdrafts, and rejected transactions
- The benefits of mobile account management
- Which plastic card to use (i.e., ATM cards, debit cards, credit cards)
- What ChexSystems is and how you can overcome any roadblocks associated with it
- How to clear items from the mystical QualiFile
- Estimated time to complete: 15 min
- When you take the CheckRight course type in ELGA Credit Union as the referring Credit Union so that we will be notified that you have completed the course. Or, show us your completion certificate at any ELGA Credit Union location. Access Checkright HERE .
Once you have completed the required criteria we invite you to visit us at any branch to open up a Basic or Kasasa Checking account.*Past banking history cannot include ChexSystem denial because of fraud.