It’s time to focus on your finances. We want to help. If you are unable to open a checking account due to past banking history, Focus Checking is offered to help transition you into a regular checking account.
Focus Checking is designed to help you manage your checking account and take control of your finances.
- $10 monthly service charge
- $50 minimum balance requirement
- VISA Debit Card
- Track your finances using ELGA Credit Union's Online and Mobile Banking with Alerts
- Earn Relationship Reward points!
After 12 months of positive banking history, you may be eligible to upgrade to a Basic or Kasasa Checking account. The criteria to upgrade includes:
- Maintain Focus Checking account for one year
- No more than 6 Non-Sufficient Funds in the last 180 days
- No more than 2 Non-Sufficient Funds in the last 90 days
- CheckRight Online financial education course completed through GreenPath Financial Wellness..
- The CheckRight program is designed to help you learn how to:
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Reconcile your account
- Create a spending plan
- When you take the CheckRight quiz pick ELGA Credit Union as the referring organization. Your results will be sent directly to ELGA. Or, show us your quiz results at any ELGA location. Access Checkright HERE .
Once you have completed the required criteria we invite you to visit us at any branch to open up a Basic or Kasasa Checking account.*Past banking history cannot include ChexSystem denial because of fraud.