A Little History
Welcome to ELGA Credit Union - A People Focused Place to Bank
We are a not-for-profit cooperative; formed, owned and operated for a single purpose: members helping members. We have a proud tradition of service to our members since 1951.
ELGA Credit Union had a humble beginning, helping Consumers Energy employees that were paid below the average of other industrial workers in the 1940’s and 50’s. ELGA got its name from a contest held in 1959 to rename the credit union, replacing the previous name, Flint Division Consumers Power Company Federal Credit Union. The new name incorporates the first two letters of Electrical and Gas. Today we like to say it stands for "Every Loan Gets Approved". If we can't approve a loan at that moment, we'll explain what needs to happen in order for us to approve it.
ELGA Credit Union has branches in Genesee, Lapeer, and Saginaw counties, as well as robust online banking for computers, smart phones and tablets.
We have over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs available to you at our branches, Flint hospitals, and through the Money Pass or Coop Networks.
Our Mission is Building Lifelong Relationships.Become a Member