Join the ELGA Family
We want you as a member of ELGA Credit Union.
Who can join?
- Individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school within Genesee, Saginaw, Lapeer, Shiawassee, Oakland, and Livingston Counties are eligible to join.
- Employees or retirees of:
- Consumers Energy Company working or living in the Counties of Genesee, Lapeer, Sanilac, or Shiawassee.
- Government of the State of Michigan who live or work in the Counties of Arenac, Bay, Genesee, Huron, Midland, Saginaw, Sanilac or Tuscola, Michigan.
- Organizations which contract with agencies of the State of Michigan to provide janitorial services to those offices which are located in the counties listed above.
- Saginaw Valley State University, including students and alumni.
- Employees or members of employer groups or other organized groups which are located within 25 miles of the Credit Union’s main office or a branch office.
- Members of the immediate families of any current ELGA members.
- Any legal entity that is comprised for the most part of the same general group as the membership of the credit union as outlined above
- A spouse of a deceased member if accepted into membership prior to remarriage.
- Any person making a $25.00 donation to the Salvation Army Bed and Bread Program. (this option not available for online account opening)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.