ELGA Credit Union is a people oriented financial institution
We are a not-for-profit cooperative; formed, owned and operated for a single purpose: members helping members. We have a proud tradition of service to our members since 1951.
ELGA Credit Union had a very humble beginning, helping Consumers Energy employees that were paid below the average of other industrial workers in the 1940’s and 50’s. ELGA got its name from a contest that was held in 1959 to rename the credit union in order to replace the previous name of Flint Division Power Company Federal Credit Union. The new name incorporated the first two letters of each of the words Electrical and Gas. During our early years of business there was a strong sense common ground among our members working together to provide financial services that they weren’t able to receive through banks of that day.
ELGA has branches in Genesee and Lapeer counties, as well as a robust online banking app for computers, smart phones and tablets.
We have a fleet of ATMs at our branches, McLaren Hospital in Flint, and we are part of the nearly 30,000 CO-OP and MoneyPass networks of surcharge free ATMs.